COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
In light of the current status in the UK with the Covid-19 pandemic we have implemented some changes to how we are managing our patient care.
We have temporarily suspended general access to the building. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY. However please be reassured we are still here if you need us. We are trying to conduct most appointments over the telephone and we are also using video consultations. For those who are required to attend the practice you will be asked to wear a face covering. This will be a cloth mask or scarf which covers the mouth and face.
If you need to speak to a GP please call the surgery and speak to the Reception Team on 01223 810030 and they will be able to assist you with arranging a telephone consultation.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation at this difficult time.
FLU VACCINATIONS WINTER 2020
We are now taking bookings for 2020 flu vaccinations. Invitation letters will be sent to those eligable. Please call if you have received one of these letters. YOU MUST BRING THIS LETTER WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. WE ARE USING A BARCODE SYSTEM WHICH IS PRINTED ON THIS LETTER.
Adult Elibibility for booking:
- Age 65 and over
- Undergoing treatment for cancer
- High Risk Groups include certain medical condtions such as respiratory, heart, kidney & liver diseases. Neurological condtions such as Parkinsons disease, MS, diabetes. Having no spleen. A weakened immune system (or lives with someone who has). Anyone with a learning disability. Obese (BMI over 40)
- Receive carers allowance, or are a main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Patients who were on the shielding list will have their vaccination carried out by a district nurse.
- Once the above risk groups above have been vaccinated, if there continues to be supplies of the flu vaccination available those aged 50 – 64 will then be invited from November. Please do not call now for these.
SATURDAY CLINIC DATES:
- 3 October
- 17 October
- 24 October
- 21 November
WEEKDAY APPOINTMENTS. These will be held over lunchtimes (12-2pm) and Wednesday afternoons.
Eligibility for booking:
- Aged over 6 months to under 2 if in high risk group
- All Children aged 2 to 3 years old (born between 1st September 2016 & 31st August 2018)
- Aged 11yrs to 18yrs in high risk group if not done at school
- Aged 4-9 year olds are being carried out at school and we will not do them here if they miss a school session. Schools will organise their own mop up sessions which are sometimes held at other locations.
When you attend for the clinic please queue outside, ensure you wear a face mask (aged 11+) and do not attend if you have COVID symptoms (cough, high temperature, loss of taste and/or smell). REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR LETTER.
PRACTICE AND DISPENSARY UPDATE
From 15 June the Dispensary at Bottisham Medical Practice will revert back to opening at 8.30am. Please be aware that dispensary will close at 12pm, reopen at 2pm and then close at 6pm. Only patients who are shielding will continue to receive a delivery.
When you come the surgery for a face to face appointment or to collect your medication from the Dispensary, please ensure you are wearing a face covering before entering the practice.