Healthy Living for people with Type 2 Diabetes
Healthy Living is a free, online NHS programme that supports people to live well with type 2 diabetes.
It includes information and advice about:
- type 2 diabetes
- eating well
- becoming more active
- how to look after your body and mind
- other NHS services and support
- living with diabetes, including driving, working and travelling
You can use the Healthy Living programme whenever suits you, and for as long as you need - there is no limit to access so you can learn at your own pace. It can also be used alongside any other diabetes programmes or education you may be taking part in.
Mental Health Support & Services
One in four people across the country will experience a mental health problem in any given year. Mental health problems and illnesses include anxiety, depression, addiction, personality disorders and psychosis.
There are a number of services that you can access or self-refer to (self-refer means you do not need to have been referred by your GP or medical professional to use the service).
Below, you will find information on local support and services. You can also find further information at www.nhs.uk/mental-health
You can also contact your GP who will be able to provide advice on how to deal with your symptoms and talk to you about available treatments and support services that are available locally.
- Keep Your Head keep-your-head.com website provides information on mental health and wellbeing support and local services available for young people and adults across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- How Are You (H.A.Y.) haycambspboro.co.uk is an interactive local website that brings together information on activities and support available in your local community to help boost mental health and wellbeing.
- Lifeline – lifecraft.org.uk - Free, confidential helpline that you can call anonymously to talk to a trained volunteer. Lifeline is available daily 11am-11pm and can be reached by calling 0808 808 2121.
- Mind - CPSLMind, cpslmind.org.uk - A mental health charity providing a range of services and support for people suffering with mental health problems and promoting positive mental health across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- Qwell and Kooth - Free online wellbeing services offering chat-based counselling, peer support and self-help. qwell.io – for ages 18+ www.kooth.com – for ages 11-25
- Crisis support – NHS 111 Option 2 - If you feel you are in a mental health crisis, urgent support is available in our area 24/7 through 111. Simply dial 111 and select option 2. You will be put through to a trained advisor who will speak to you and discuss your current mental health needs.
- Psychological Wellbeing Service - Psychological therapy for mild to moderate depression or anxiety for anyone aged 17+. You do not need a diagnosis to access the service and can self-refer by visiting cpft.nhs.uk/psychological-wellbeing-service