Statement of Purpose
Statement of Purpose
Our purpose is to provide people registered with the Practice with personal health care of high quality and to seek continuous improvement on the health status of the Practice population overall. We aim to achieve this by developing and maintaining a happy sound Practice which is responsive to people’s needs and expectations and which reflects whenever possible the latest advances in Primary Health Care.
We will do this by:
- Providing the highest standard of Medical Care and being committed to our patients needs
- Focusing on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients
- Encouraging patients to consider lifestyle changes that would improve their general health and well-being
- Gaining consent where appropriate for any treatment or investigation
- Working in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in all aspects of their healthcare and ensure they understand any treatment or investigation being offered
- Working in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as providing the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involving other professionals in the care of our patients
- Encouraging our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Group, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back on the services we offer
- Acting with integrity and complete confidentiality
- Being courteous, approachable, friendly and accommodating
- Continuous improvement as a patient-centered service through decision-making and communication
- Providing a multidisciplinary healthcare team with a wide mixture of skills in order to provide excellent service provision and use of resources.
- Ensuring all healthcare professionals at the practice meet the required standards and maintain a programme of continuous professional development through continuous learning and training
- Monitoring and auditing services to improve our healthcare services
- Ensuring effective and robust information governance systems
- Having robust systems in place, which are reviewed regularly for the production of prescriptions, medication handling and safe storage of stocked medicines.
- Ensuring safe and effective services and environment
- Rigorously maintaining a high level of equipment cleanliness and generally throughout the premises to protect patients and staff against infection
- Regularly inspecting and maintaining equipment and premises to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose and take action to remedy any issues which arise
- Ensuring relevant staff are trained and competent to use of any equipment required for them to carry out their job
- Undertaking the necessary employment checks and following local procedures to protect vulnerable children and adults
- Maintaining and promoting an organisational culture where all staff and patients are treated with respect and dignity.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing a highly motivated and appropriately skilled workforce
- Guiding our employees to ensure that equality and diversity issues are at the heart of everything the practice does
- Ensuring all members of staff understand their roles and responsibilities
- Providing staff with the support, training, equipment and a safe environment to aid them in performing their job to the best of their ability.
- Considering, investigating and responding to complaints and suggestions in accordance to NHS guidelines.
- Having a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- Planning for and maintaining access to the practice’s services in the event of foreseeable threats which may affect service availability such as weather, failure of utilities or equipment, staff availability and damage to premises.
- Checking the accuracy and relevance of information being held by the practice by regularly auditing all aspects of record keeping from patient records to personnel files
- Operating on a financially sound basis