COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Your GP practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please call us on 01223 810030, visit our website or book via an app. Our opening hours are shown below.
Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, via online video and over the telephone. If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures have been put in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit.
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment. This will ensure we can continue to provide essential care safely.
Guidance for People Identified as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable from Covid-19
This guidance is for everyone in England who has been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable. If you are in this group, you will previously have received a letter from the NHS or from your GP telling you this. You may have been advised to shield in the past.
FLU VACCINATIONS WINTER 2020
OVER 50'S WITHOUT UNDERLYING ILLNESSES - PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SURGERY UNTIL AFTER THE 25th NOVEMBER (WHEN WE WILL HAVE HOPEFULLY RECEIVED MORE STOCK)
We are now taking bookings for 2020 flu vaccinations. Invitation letters are currently being sent to those eligible. Please call if you have received one of these letters. YOU MUST BRING THIS LETTER WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. WE ARE USING A BARCODE SYSTEM WHICH IS PRINTED ON THIS LETTER.
Adult Eligibility for booking:
- Age 65 and over
- Undergoing treatment for cancer
- High Risk Groups include certain medical condtions such as respiratory, heart, kidney & liver diseases. Neurological condtions such as Parkinsons disease, MS, diabetes. Having no spleen. A weakened immune system (or lives with someone who has). Anyone with a learning disability. Obese (BMI over 40)
- Receive carers allowance, or are a main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Patients who were on the shielding list will have their vaccination carried out by a district nurse.
- Once the above risk groups above have been vaccinated, if there continues to be supplies of the flu vaccination available those aged 50 – 64 will then be invited from November. Please do not call now for these.
Eligibility for booking:
- Aged over 6 months to under 2 if in high risk group
- All Children aged 2 to 3 years old (born between 1st September 2016 & 31st August 2018)
- Aged 11yrs to 18yrs in high risk group if not done at school
- Aged 4-9 year olds are being carried out at school and we will not do them here if they miss a school session. Schools will organise their own mop up sessions which are sometimes held at other locations.
When you attend for the clinic please queue outside, ensure you wear a face mask (aged 11+) and do not attend if you have COVID symptoms (cough, high temperature, loss of taste and/or smell). REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR LETTER.
For more information on the vaccines themselves, see links below.
Under 65's vaccine: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/9753#gref
Over 65's vaccine: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/10444/smpc#gref
Child flu vaccine: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3296/smpc#gref
PRACTICE AND DISPENSARY UPDATE
From 15 June the Dispensary at Bottisham Medical Practice has reverted back to opening at 8.30am. Please be aware that dispensary will close at 12pm, reopen at 2pm and then close at 6pm. Shielding patients will continue to receive a delivery.
Please note - the Dispensary will take telephone calls between 12 and 2pm. Please do not call if you are chasing up a repeat prescription and it has been less than 5 days since it was ordered.
When you come the surgery for a face to face appointment or to collect your medication from the Dispensary, please ensure you are wearing a face covering before entering the practice.